14112 S. Kingsley Drive Gardena, CA 90249
Tel: 310-768-8064; Fax: 310-768-2779
Satellite Office: 1360 E. Anaheim St., Ste 202. Long Beach, CA 90813
Tel: 562-218-9530; Fax: 562-200-9616
IYCC provides culturally relevant and language appropriate services for immigrant Southeast Asian youth and families in Los Angeles County.
Languages: Cambodian and Vietnamese
Programs And Services:
- AOD Prevention: Changing the local environment and conditions that facilitate AOD use, as well as the knowledge and behaviors of youth and adults that contribute to community norms about AOD use in Long Beach. Long Beach Community Action Team: Youth group based in Long Beach Polytechnic High School. Goal and focus is to develop community youth leaders to mobilize and advocate on alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention (ATOD) policies and campaigns in the City of Long Beach.
- CalFresh Application Assistance: Assisting qualified low-income individuals and families complete CalFresh applications (formerly known as Food Stamp Application).
- Employment and Employment Support: Helping eligible individuals enter workforce by providing workshops such as resume writing and interviewing skills. Participants will receive individual guidance, assessment for employment barriers, Individual Employment Plan, assistance with job search and job placement.
- Saturday Tutorial Project: College students and community members offering Vietnamese language and cultural classes, Lion Dance team performances, and other community cultural events.
- API Outreach: Provide information and referral services to API CalWorks recipients to increase awareness and reduce stigma related to substance abuse.
- Problem Gambling Prevention: To prevent, educate and reduce the harmful effect of gambling in our society by providing free trainings and technical assistance. If you are interested in free training or technical assistance, please click on the “TA Application” link below.